Tuesday, January 15, 2013

$5 Knit Baby Blanket

Pin It


When I found out I was pregnant again, naturally I went right to my Pinterest pinboards to look for inspiration for some new baby crafts.  I had knit my older daughter a blanket when I was pregnant with her, and thought it would be fun to make another one for my second child.  I found this one on Pinterest which I loved, but the instructions require about $60 worth of yarn, which I thought was kind of a waste.  AC Moore one week had a bunch of $1 yarns, so I went and picked up five (making this a $5 baby blanket) as well as some larger knitting needles.  So my total cost for this project was less than $10, which is my kind of craft.  


I thought it turned out really cute, but I also thought it turned out really masculine, so when I found out I was having another girl, I decided I'd better do something different.  I made this chevron heart applique blanket with pink polka dot fabric and minky instead, which is definitely much more girly.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with this one....  Someone needs to have a little boy.  

By the way, I ended up using the leftover cranberry colored yarn to make this hat.  I've got it in the carseat right now for her ride home.  So at least she's getting something out of this.  :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Cute blanket and I love the hat. I wish I could knit but it takes way too much patience for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin