Thursday, February 9, 2012

Make Your Own Cupcake Stands

Pin It

I've seen so many cute ideas on Pinterest lately to make your own cake or cupcake stands.  Since I didn't have a cake stand and wasn't willing to pay $30 for one, I decided that making one- a few actually- would be a fun craft for my daughter's pink and turquoise cupcake party.  I found some light plywood circles and cylinder containers at AC Moore and used some turquoise and pink acrylic paint to decorate them.



(You can see the tray I used for my party themed water bottles in the bottom picture as well.)

After painting them, I glued ribbon around the edges of the circles and put them on top of the cylinders.  They made a cute addition to the birthday party display as well as being a place to put the cupcakes where they'd be out of reach of little hands.




I hope you're enjoying all of these party features, including the cupcake toppers, cupcake party invitations, and party themed water bottles.  Keep checking back this week and next for more!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I need a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. I would love it if you would share at our sharing party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/02/sharing-saturday-6.html. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So impressive! I would LOVE for you to share this awesome mommy solution in my Mommy Club link up! Or any other ideas. Stop over! http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/02/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-31/

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin