Monday, February 6, 2012

Cupcake Toppers!

Pin It Hey everyone, sorry for the crafting absence, but I promise I'll make it up to you.  I have been CRAZY busy making crafts for my daughter's second birthday party which was held this weekend.  Now that it's over, I'm finally getting a chance to blog about everything I've been up to.  So this week (and probably a little of next), I'm going to feature this party and all of the crafts I did for the party.  The theme was a Pink & Turquoise Cupcake party, inspired by her love of cupcakes (she'd never even had one until her party, but she was still obsessed) and her girly love of pink. 

I've been following and reading a lot of party blogs in preparation for the party, and one of the trends in parties that I just love are cupcake toppers.  These are usually paper decorations on top of lollipop sticks or toothpicks.  I wanted to make some, and Cricut Craft Room made these sooo simple.


I used Cricut Craft Room and Cricut Craft Room basics to make the scallopped circle and plain circle.  I used Cricut Alphabet for the "J".  Cricut Craft Room made making these so simple.  I cut the scallopped circle at 1.75 inches, the plain circle at 1.5 inches, and the "J" at 1 inch.  The auto fill feature helped me use up all of my paper, and I was easily able to resize to cut from 8 1/2" x 11" paper.  I made a TON of these, some of which I used as cupcake toppers by attaching to lollipop sticks or toothpicks, but some of them I used in other party decorations as well.

Please check back in each day this week to see some of my other Pink & Turquoise party crafts and decorations! 

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh so cute! Maybe we should sample them first! lol I am sure they taste as good as they look. http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cupcake toppers! This is one of many reasons why I love my cricut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want a cricut there seems to be an endless aray of things that it can do come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way better than my cupcake toppers! Wait till you see...http://www.thisbigoaktree.com/2012/02/valentines-day-cupcakes-pie-form-cake.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! Would love it if you came by and linked up to my Manic Monday Linky Party!
    -Melissa
    http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin