Monday, January 30, 2012

The BEST Fettucini Alfredo You'll Ever Have

Pin It

My family loooooves alfredo.  I started trying years ago to make different recipes that I found and I think I've come pretty darn close to perfect.  In the past it would be too oily or still have chunks of parmesan, but this recipe is nice and smooth AND it doesn't separate when you reheat it!  So, here you go:


2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter/margarine
fresh minced garlic, onion (opt.)
3 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups shredded parmesan cheese (If you want you can mix it up a little with another cheese)
freshly ground pepper and sea salt
fresh basil, chopped
1 lb. cooked fettucini or linguine noodles

In a pot on the stove, heat the olive oil and butter until the butter is melted.  Add the garlic and onion and cook until translucent.  Add 3 tbsp. flour and whisk.  Veeeeerrrryyyy slowly add the milk, stirring each time until it is completely incorporated with the flour mixture.  (If you add the milk too fast you'll end up with hot milk with lumps of flour.  NOT appetizing.  Go slow.)  Once you've completely added the milk, add the cheese, stirring until you have a nice, thick sauce.  Mix your fettucini noodles with the sauce and serve topped with pepper, salt, and basil.  Enjoy!

(This goes GREAT with garlic bread. I'll share my favorite garlic bread recipes tomorrow.)

Sorry I've been missing for a bit- I've been making a bunch of things to share with you I just haven't photographed or blogged them yet. I'll get more up this week, I promise!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any suggestions for how to stop the fettuccine noodles from sticking to one another.. I do the oil in the water, but they still stick on me.. I actually pull a bunch out on a plate right before they are done and separate them by hand.. soo annoying..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, good question. I've tried oil as well, but I find that as long as it is in a big pot at a rolling boil and I stir it often, especially at first, it doesn't seem to stick too badly. I use Barilla pasta- not sure if that makes a difference or not. If you're mostly concerned about them sticking on the plate, I'd add a little bit of butter or oil after draining the water. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I pinned it so I would remember to make it! Would love it if you came by and linked up to my Manic Monday Linky Party!
    -Melissa
    http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin