Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hanging Ornament Display

Pin It It seems like every department store I've gone to this year has had great displays of hanging ornaments.  I really wanted to make one to decorate a blank wall in our dining room.  I bought a bunch of silver ornaments from the dollar store and some cheap snowflake ornaments from Target to start.  Finally I purchased a bunch of plain glass ornaments from Joann's and used this tutorial to make ornaments that are glittered on the inside.  I used Martha Stewart fine glitter in turquoise and green, which I thought made a fun color scheme. 



My friend Sara took the middle two pictures.  To hang these up I used Command Strips (LOVE them) and spaced them on the ceiling every 3 inches.  I hung the ornaments from ribbons in pairs to keep the pattern symmetrical, with the exception of the middle ornament. 

Although it didn't exactly follow my original plan, I think it turned out great.  I really love the idea of using ornaments in places other than the Christmas tree.  Where else do you use ornaments in your holiday decorating? 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Ooo I love this idea. Wall art with ornaments. I have so many left over ornaments that won't fit on the tree, this is a perfect use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hung ornaments from the window in my college dorm room! It looked really pretty. I too love the idea of using ornaments off the tree. So many great uses!!

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday. The party is open until Sunday! http://www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/12/your-whims-wednesday-39-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I too am a huge Command Strip fan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin