Monday, December 26, 2011

Geek Gifts!

Pin It One of my brothers is a computer guy, and I wanted to make some gifts for him and his kids that he would get a kick out of.  He just had a new baby a month ago who looks EXACTLY like his 5 year old.  Seriously, if you put pictures of them at the same age next to each other, they look like the same baby.  So I thought these shirts would be perfect for the two boys.


I dyed a regular white shirt and white onesie brown, then used a freezer paper stencil and some turquoise fabric paint to make these. 

My brother used to be a fan of the book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when we were young.  If any of you out there are fans out there, you'll appreciate this.  For those of you who aren't, basically towels are carried everywhere for emergencies and the answer to everything is 42.  I actually saw a similar item in a catalog, but it was just too easy to make. 



I got the handtowel from Target and the blue fabric was a fat quarter from JoAnn's Fabrics.  I used Heat N Bond lite and a zigzag stitch to applique on the 42.  I think it turned out pretty cute. 

I love Geek crafts.  Pinterest has a whole category for all things geek and some of the stuff is just too cute.  Check it out. 


post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love your gift ideas. Did you cut the fabric numbers with an electronic cutter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Not expecting yet, but I am going to bookmark it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is a HUGE geek, and is dying to teach our 1yr old his geeky ways. I've got to make these t-shirts for my soon-to-be and full grown geek. Awesome idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the techie shirts! We are expecting version 4.0!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin