Sunday, December 25, 2011

Chocolate Stirring Spoons Tutorial & A Hot Cocoa Bar

Pin It I've seen chocolate stirring spoons all over and thought they would make such a cute gift for a teacher, neighbor, or hostess.  I decided for our cookie party this year I really wanted to make some and have a Hot Cocoa Bar.  I tried a couple of different methods of making these and finally found one that is SUPER simple, so I wanted to share it with you.


Lay out a bunch of plastic spoons on a piece of wax paper.


Melt some chocolate (I used bark melting chocolate and a white chocolate bar from Trader Joe's) in the microwave in ziplock bags.  I put one bag in the microwave and melted it 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate was all melted.  (It took about a minute and a half.) Then I snipped a tiny hole in the corner of the ziplock bag and used it like a piping bag.



Fill the spoons with the melted chocolate.


To get the chocolate to look smooth, tap the spoon lightly on the counter.


Add toppings (I used crushed candy canes and crushed oreos) then let them sit until they harden.


I wrapped them with saran wrap and tied them with Christmas ribbon.


I put them in wine glasses for our hot cocoa bar. 


I was thrilled when I found these gingerbread marshmallows at Target.  I knew they'd be a perfect addition to the hot cocoa bar.  I put these in small bar glasses as well.


The bar included the chocolate stirring spoons, marshmallows, Cinnabon candy canes & mints, cinnamon and cayenne pepper, whipped cream and sprinkles, and some irish cream, creme de menthe, and creme de cocoa.  The possibilities were endless!


To complete the bar, I added some decorative labels I printed on my computer then mounted on Christmas paper.  The hot cocoa bar was cute and really popular at the party. 

I love hot cocoa during winter and especially at Christmastime.  I hope you enjoy your holiday season & maybe make some chocolate stirring spoons or a hot cocoa bar of your own.  :)
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun and easy idea. I'd love for you to stop by Etcetorize and share at the Make it Great Monday linky party. It's open now: http://etcetorize.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've received these as gifts and loved them, but was hesitant to make my own. With your tutorial I think I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! this is so creative! i love it. and now i want some chocolate. :)

    i would love it if you would stop by my blog and link this or any other amazing project you have to my linky party going on right now!

    http://letbirdzfly.blogspot.com/2012/01/exodus-35-creativity-party-16.html

    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! Won't you consider sharing it with my readers at sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/01/architectural-salvage-jewelry.html. Thanks! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could really use a hot cocoa bar right now! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin