Saturday, November 26, 2011

Felt Christmas Trees Tutorial

Pin It
I'm sure that I am not the only one out there that has been obsessed with Pinterest lately.  It's such an amazing resource for crafting inspiration.  Lately it seems I've been lazy, though, and have been spending more time pinning things I want to make rather than actually making them. 

I found these cute Christmas trees on Pinterest and knew I wanted to make some.  I also really wanted to make some Christmas decorations in non-traditional colors, so these are the trees I made.


Aren't they adorable?  My daughter (21 months) is obsessed with them because they have buttons. They are so easy to make.  Let me show you how I did it.


You'll need:
Scraps of felt (I have LOTS- sheets are only 25 cents usually on sale at Joann's)
Rick rack (I got this at Walmart)
Needles
Embroidery thread
Assorted buttons
Scissors
Glue (I used Aleene's Super Thick Tacky)



First cut out your felt shapes- two trees and one stump.  Cut some pieces of rick rack and find some buttons you like.



Glue the rick rack onto the felt


Sew on your buttons.


Add a little loop of rickrack between the 2 layers of felt.


Then sew a running stitch around the edge.


Ta da!  Hope you enjoy!  I'm planning on using these for the lower branches of our Christmas tree to keep it toddler safe, but I might make more to put on presents as well.  They'd also make a cute garland.  Happy Crafting!




post signature

14 comments:

  1. Love these - very cute! Casing your idea for our next Girl Scout meeting. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from Sundae scoop. Your trees turned out great! And they do look pretty simple to make.

    I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party going on now.. and enter my Tiny Prints giveaway for 50 free photo cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked over from Skip to My Lou.

    So cute!! My kids stole my button jar -- now I really need to find it! :-) And I LOVE Pinterest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I'm going to have to do these with my kids since they have half days this week, it will be a great project for them!
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute ornaments! Fun to make with the kids!! I saw this over at Made it Myself Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so adorable and cute. Thank You for sharing
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute, love your trees. I would love for you to share them at Bacon Time. Anything goes linky fri-monday, come strut your stuff.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-tree-craft.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! lovin the buttons!!! pinning!!

    Would love it if you could share this on my link party at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are darling! I love your blog--I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling ideas! Love felt projects--thank you for sharing/inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are darling. I love homemade ornaments! If you have a chanc, I would love for you to link this up at my blg!
    http://cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-makes-you-say-mmmmm-4-and-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Very Very cute!!!


    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are easy and cute, they'd make a nice little present too :)
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute ornaments.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin