Saturday, September 17, 2011

Very PINTERESTing!

Pin It So now that I have a twitter account for Binge Crafter, I can finally join Pinterest!  If you haven't seen it yet, Pinterest is a site where you can pin up your favorite photos and things you find fun and inspiring.  When I was in college I used to make collages of photos of things I liked on my closet, and this is just kind of the grown up version of that. 

On Pinterest you can have multiple boards to sort and organize your favorite photos.  Mine include "Crafts I've Made", "Crafts I'd Like to Make", "Photography", "Holidays", "Awesomeness", and "Inspiration".  Other people include things like places they'd like to visit, favorite fashions or home decor, favorite foods or recipes, or themed things.  One board I found that I really like is "Everything Peacock".  Beautiful stuff!

Here is an example of one of my boards:

Pinterest can take the place of your "favorites" folder on your internet browser, which I like because (a) my favorites folder is FULL, and (b) it is a visual reminder of what you love.  When you sign up for Pinterest, you can add a "Pin It" button to your favorites bar so that while you're browsing around the internet you can click that button and automatically pin something to your boards without having to go to the Pinterest site. 

Another great thing is that Pinterest records the original site where someone found the photo.  This can help you to find the directions to make projects and find some other blogs.  The only problem with this is if someone pinned a picture from a site that copied it from another location but didn't cite the source.  Then it can be a little tricky to find the original.

So here are some of my favorite Halloween finds I've found on Pinterest so far.


Awesome Halloween Cake!  From Snowy Bliss


Funny Pumpkin Idea from This Old House


This is just super cute.  From here.


Haunted Village (I could totally do this- I have this paper pack from K& Company and LOVE it!) from Crafty Sisters.


Spooky Snacks from Parents 

Are you on Pinterest?  Let me know so that we can follow each other.  If not, request an invite so you can get pinning!  It's a fantastic way to find some new craft inspiration!  You can find my Pinterest boards by clicking on the "Follow Me On Pinterest" link on the right or by going to pinterest.com/Bingecrafter

(I am not promoting Pinterest for any gain- I just really like it.  They are having some technical difficulties they're working out since it's a new site, but bear with them, I think it's a great idea.)


post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love pintrest - it's so addictive! And yes - it does save a lot of space in my 'favourites' too. Love your pins :) Visiting from Pinning&Singing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Pinterest...it has the most interesting and amazing photos and what I like that the majority have links to the source!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha the R2D2 dressup costume is amazing. Pinterest is awesome! I've just found your blog via '5 mins just for me' - would love if you wanted to check mine out too! - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pins! I am so glad you joined in with my Pinning & Singing Linky party. I hope you can join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin