Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scraplifting!

Pin It I absolutely love seeing other people's scrapbooking creations.  I love looking at blogs, reading magazines and books, and searching for other great ideas.  When it comes to making my own layouts, though, I generally wait for some sort of inspiration before beginning.  I may borrow others' techniques or ideas, but I very rarely scraplift.  Why?  I never have the right size pictures!!  I almost always print up pictures in 4x6 and often they are already closeups, so I don't have room to crop them down.  But with my recent scrapblock (like Writer's Block) and being so far behind scrapbooking, I decided I needed to limit the time I spent scrapbooking and do some SCRAPLIFTING!

So here is my first scraplifted page.  I had these cute pictures of my daughter sleeping (loved the one of just her feet) and wanted to put together a single 12x12 page for them.  Using a bunch of my cute K&Company die cuts, I made this:



Here was my original inspiration, from Creating Keepsakes Magazine (Sept 2009).



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Angela, I totally understand what you mean about scraplifting not working for your photos. I feel the same way usually. I, too, tried it recently and got things accomplished quicker just like you. Way to work through a scrapping roadblock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scraplift whenever possible! I too only have my pictures printed 4x6 but I can crop some of them. I use a lot of sketches from blogs and magazines that use those size photos. If I see a 1 pg LO that I like, using 4x6 photos, I'll make a second page the same way or just the opposite. Then I have a 2 pg LO for my larger photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin