Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Layout

Pin It I'm catching up on the scrapbook folks!  Thank you SOOOOO much for all of your advice.  It's helping and now I'm only 6 months behind (much better than a year).  :)  So I had to stop my quick layouts and scraplifting to make a special layout for some pictures of my daughter's birthday party.  I bust out the Simply Charmed cartridge which I just adore.  I also used ALL SCRAPS for this layout!  I had a bunch of scraps left over from my daughter's birthday card, and I wanted to use the same papers to make the layouts for her party pictures.  I still need to do one more matching layout, but for now, here's what I've got. 

Yeah, there is a LOT of color going on.  Here are some closeups.



The title, party hats, and balloons were all cut out using the cricut and the Simply Charmed cartridge.  To make the background, I used 2" long strips of different papers and glued them all to a white background sheet (the ones that come in the page protectors that I never seem to use.)  It was an idea I got from a scrapbooking book I borrowed from the library.  I thought it was a great way to kind of make your own background paper and use up some of my scraps.  I also used a glitter pen on some of the die cuts, which I picked up last time I was at Archivers.  It adds a nice subtle glitter and perked up some of the plain cardstock.  Hope you enjoy!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful layout! I love all of the bright, fun colors. :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award, please go to:
    carla-writes.blogspot.com
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin