Monday, August 8, 2011

Easy Apple Tree Applique

Pin It I absolutely love making cute tee shirts for my daughter- tie dye, fabric paint, appliqué, you name it! For my Someday Crafts tutorial, I decided to do an early fall project- an apple tree appliqué!


For this project you’ll need:
-An iron and ironing board
-A t-shirt
-Brown and green fabric, prewashed and ironed
-HeatnBond
-Apple tree template (download here)
-Red buttons
-Embroidery thread and needle

Let’s begin!
1. Print the template and cut out the shapes. Cut two pieces of HeatnBond approximately the size of the templates.

2. Iron the pieces of HeatnBond onto the fabric using the silk setting for just a few seconds.


3. Cut out the pieces of fabric and trace the templates onto the HeatnBond. Then cut out the pieces of fabric.


4. At this point I like to lay things out on the shirt just to see how cute it’s going to look!


5. Peel the paper off the back of the pieces of fabric. Lay them on to the t-shirt.


6. Iron the fabric onto the t-shirt.


7. Using your embroidery thread, sew a running stitch around the edges of the appliqué and sew on the buttons.



Ta-da!  You’ve got a cute apple tree appliqué shirt just perfect for fall and apple picking!  Happy Crafting!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. The shirt is darling! I think it was the white hand stitching that really made the tree pop! Thanks for sharing your prouject with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! What an adorable shirt. I especially love the little red buttons/apples. I would love it if you would stop by and share this at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face.
    :)Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/08/cure-for-common-monday-4-craft-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is oh-so-gorgeous! My daughter would love one of those. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!


    I'd love for you to link up to our "Crafts for Under Twenty-Somethings" Thursdays this week! It's a blog hop specifically for kids and teens ideas, so your ideas would be perfect! I'll hope you'll come link up this Thursday.

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love the buttons details. Thanks for sharing. (Stopping from Confessions...)

    vanina
    mothercrafter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. My two year old saw the picture and loved it. Guess I will be making one for her! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design - wonderful way to dress up a plain shirt :)

    BTW- I'm hosting a fabric giveaway this week over at my blog - stop by when you get a chance: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/08/fabric-love-21-fabric-giveaway-end-of.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin