Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tastier 100 Calorie Snacks

Pin It So I had some leftover frosting, which is never a bad thing.  Believe me, I could eat frosting right out of the container, but the other day I just felt like I wanted to frost it on something.  So I looked in the pantry and what did I find?  100 calorie Oreo snacks!  Perfect!

Now I know, frosting a 100 calorie snack with cream cheese frosting kind of defeats the purpose of the 100 calorie snack.  But honestly, the Oreo ones are such a disappointment.  I love Oreos, and the 100 calorie Oreo snacks are nothing like them.  But add a little frosting and they're pretty good!  So I took a look at the nutritional information and realized that two tablespoons of frosting had 100 calories, so I decided to split the servings.   Half a serving of frosting plus half a 100 calorie pack of oreos is still only 100 calories!  And they totally taste better.  Enjoy!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on this one. I like to dip my kids chocolate chip Teddy Graham snacks in frosting too. There is nothing better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great--but be careful with frosting--they tend to be very heavy on the Trans Fats! I've only found one brand with none--it is a local grocery store's house made chocolate frosting. It is really good!

    Now Following!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea!! Thanks so much for sharing! I am visiting from Someday Crafts and I am a new follower!! Hope you have a great week and that I see you around soon!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin