Thursday, June 9, 2011

Panda Engagement Card

Pin It My little sister just got engaged!  I'm so excited about it, because she swore up and down that she'd never get married and have kids, etc.  While I haven't met her boyfriend yet, he seems like a fantastic guy & he seems just right for her. 

So when I decided to make her an engagement card, I wanted to think a little outside of the box.  I just didn't think a cliche engagement card would be as well received as something a bit more personal.  I have this great picture that my dad took of them standing on a rock overlooking the ocean when he was out visiting them in California that I really like, which helped to inspire the card. 

Among her friends, my sister is sometimes referred to as "Panda", which helped to inspire the card as well.  I went craft store hunting for some panda stickers and found these great dimensional felt ones which I thought would work perfectly.  Then I went about recreating the beach scene.  I used plain gray paper which I distressed by crinkling, inking, and chalking to make the rocks.  I had this fantastic wave paper by Paper Pizazz that I used for the front and inside.  I wanted the front to look like she was alone on a rock in the ocean, then when you open it up, she's actually not alone- she's with him on the beach.  I made a sunshine using my Simply Charmed cricut cartridge to complete the scene, then printed up the saying "We're so glad you found your mate!" 

Hope she enjoys it & hope you do as well.  :)




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Really cute card! I love the texture you added to the rocks! And the pandas are soooo cute!
    If you get a chance, please check out my blog
    www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is adorable! Thanks for sharing!
    Deanne
    http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely different and totally neat. I love the title of your blog -- now I know what I am -- a binge crafter!

    I'm here (and following) from Strut Your Stuff.

    May your day be joyful,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin