Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Father's Day Card

Pin It My hubby is really into maps, so I was thrilled to find some really great map wrapping paper for his Father's Day present at the Container Store, as well as some map paper at the craft store to make his Father's Day card.  The first version of this card that I made was not so good.  I liked the idea I came up with, I was happy with the font I chose (Treasure Map Deadhand), but the other papers and design just wasn't working.  So I switched from navy blue to brown and revamped the card a bit.  Perhaps I was a bit too inspired by the Lego Indiana Jones wii game we've been playing lately, but I'm soooo happy with Version 2.0 of his Father's Day card.  I really like the way this turned out and I think he'll like it as well. 

Believe it or not, I used the New Arrival cartridge to make the airplane and banner.  I cut it in plain brown cardstock to make it a little more masculine and a little less baby.  I used an old Martha Stewart Christmas trian punch for the border at the bottom.  Hope you enjoy this!  Drop me a comment with a link to any Father's Day cards you've been working on.  I still have a few more to make and I could use a little more inspiration.  :)


post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love it Angela. Beautiful. I would like to invite you to join our Father's Day Link Up Party at:

    http://www.scrappinwithcricut.com/2011/06/fathers-day-link-up-party_11.html

    Hugs Dusti
    www.scrappinwithcricut.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dusti...that card is worthy of being posted and shared with the larger community!
    Deanne
    http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is wonderful! My hubby is a pilot and we love to travel. This would be perfect for him! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love the pp :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards is lovely! I love the map!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! I just love the 2.0 card too, love those colors.

    callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin