Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Fresh Mozzarella Pasta

Pin It Everyone in my family LOVES cheese and pasta.  We have this great food place near us called Noodles & Company that has really tasty parmesan-crusted chicken that I've been dying to replicate.  This recipe didn't exactly do it, but it was still pretty tasty!  I adapted this recipe from Taste of Home.  I added some extra spices like basil and oregano to the parmesan cheese.  To make the pasta I just cooked gemelli pasta in one pot and in another mixed some fresh minced garlic, oregano, and salt with olive oil and cooked the garlic a bit.  When the pasta was cooked, I strained the pasta, then mixed it with the olive oil mixture and some basil in a tube.  (Weird stuff, have you seen this?)  Then I threw in some fresh mozzarella and topped with salt & pepper.  The chicken went really great with the pasta.  I'm sure it would have been better with fresh herbs and maybe some tomatoes mixed in with the pasta, but I didn't have these on hand.  Now I know, this is a white meal and not the rainbow the experts recommend, but I'm sure you could add more veggies to the pasta too if you wanted it to be a bit healthier.  Anyway, hope you enjoy!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious !! Thanks for sharing !! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yum! I've never had this at Noodles, but I may have to order it next time. They're building one right near my house soon. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! This looks super yummy! I am stopping by from the Strut Your Stuff Link Party. I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more:) I would love to have you stop by my blog when you have a chance!
    www.divvyupdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks AMAZING! YUM! I love your blog! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin