Thursday, May 26, 2011

Die Cut Technique 4 - Embossing

Pin It The fourth technique of my week-long Embellishing Die Cuts event is a technique to add depth and dimension to your die cuts.

TECHNIQUE #4- EMBOSSING

I totally want an embossing machine. I haven't decided which one I'd like yet, but I know I definitely want one. Look at these cute sheep I saw Lorraine making when I met her at an Archiver's crop. Aren't they amazing? Part of what makes them so special is the fact that they're embossed.


There are a lot of different machines out there that do embossing- Provocraft & Sizzix make some of the more popular ones like the Cuttlebug and Big Shot.  I have several of the Fiskars texture plates and a stylus that I've used to make some projects while I'm still deciding which embossing machine to buy.  I've been thinking about the Sizzix "purse" one because I just want something that embosses.  Any recommendations?

Have you made a die cut project using embossing?  If so, link it up below!


7 comments:

  1. Love my cuttlebug too, I think embossing adds so much texture to any project and its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that card looked familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, Thank you so much for featuring my project on your blog. I so enjoyed visiting with you at Archiver's, and hope we will see each other again soon.
    Lorraine

    Hi Tammy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card- made me smile it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Sizzix Big Kick, had it for years! I try to use it often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Cuttlebug that needs a new home. I use my Sizzix BigShot ALL the time. Seriously, if interested in the Cuttlebug, let me know. I have the original box and I'm throwing in my small dies and embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin