Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Pin It
As I taught my one-year-old daughter to say - BLECH!  My craft room is a disaster!  I decided this would definitely be the place to start my spring cleaning, because as all crafters know, if you're not crafting, organizing your craft supplies is the next best thing to do!

So I started out with a trip to The Container Store which I've been dying to go to since I first heard it existed.  One just opened in our area, so it was definitely worth the trip.  I started out with this container to organize my plain colored cardstock and a pill container to organize my brads.


I decided to go with a low-budget ribbon organizer and just hang them up in the closet.  This isn't the prettiest method of displaying ribbon, but I have a bunch of ribbon and don't want to buy several organizers for it.  For now, this is fine.
I also bought a hanging clothes organizer from Target to store my fabric and sewing stuff, which was previously all hidden in a rubbermaid container.  While this area still needs a little work, I am definitely much more likely to use my sewing things now that I don't have to move heavy bins and dig through stuff to find what I have.
Well, it's still a work in progress, but I'm getting there!  Any good organizing tips you'd like to share?

6 comments:

  1. if you have any punches like SU, MS, ect. and over the shoe hanger w/pockets works wonders. I have a pic on my poor neglected blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start!

    I don't mean to be too forward but a cheap way that I organize my ribbon is with tension rods. It's actually my third experiment with how it best works for me to store ribbon for cheap (I, too, have a good amount of ribbon that I don't want to have to buy expensive organizers for). Anyway, you can check it out on my blog.

    Have a great week!

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I really need to get into organizing my crafts soon too. I usually only do it once or twice a year, and in between that time I collect a lot of junks that need organizing. Thanks for sharing your tips!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea to hang the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will get there! The hardest part is starting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous of those cute containers! Looking at your one pic I thought "I have that same problem" The problem being how wide those rolls of freezer paper are! I can't find anywhere good to store mine!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin