Friday, March 11, 2011

Photography Tricks- Improve your blog photos for 50 cents or less!

Pin It I have two new favorite photography tricks to share with you.  The first I found online at I Am Momma- Hear Me Roar (http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2010/06/photography-tips-part-1.html).  I think white makes a great background for blog photos and makes them look so much more professional.  The trick is to just take a picture using a piece of poster board.  To take a picture of the item using white under the item and in the background, simply prop it up against the wall like this:


Then I just got down to floor level to take the picture, which is where the next photo trick comes in.  I learned this from a girl at a craft party. Basically you just take a piece of plain white paper and hold it flush against your flash.  It takes a photo from looking too bright and glowy like this

and just softens the light a little like this


Try it!  It really helps to improve the look of photos when you need a flash, but hate the way a photograph with flash looks.  So there you go - 2 tips for improving your blog photos for less than 50 cents!

16 comments:

  1. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! this thanks for sharing! I have been trying to get my pics to look professional and this is a great tip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. from Time to Shine. Love all your blogs about the Cricut. I just got one last week and need inspiration on using it. I just love how you do all the things with it. Just became your newest follower. Stop by and visit sometime. Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Sister Stuff. Love the tips on taking photo's! I am excited to try them out for my blog and my Etsy Store.
    Thanks!
    Shauna
    http://myshaenoel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love the flash idea! My flash has always been my biggest issue. If I FINALLY get a decent angle, it's too dark, or too much flash! I'm definitely going to have to try that one out!

    http://dojocrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I am going to try the flash tip. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great tips. I will definitly use them. Am now following from Serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great tips! I'm a new blogger and I find the whole photography aspect of blogging extremely frustrating. I'm definitely going to try to photograph smaller things on white paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Photos are so key for bloggers and yet so challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip! I am a really new blogger and live in a cloudy climate, so I struggle with getting good photos. I am going to go play with my flash now :). ...visiting from Serenity Now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I have just a little digital camera (haven't moved into the fancy ones yet) so this is totally going to help! I'm headed to Micheals today and plan on picking some up!

    I'm visiting from Tatortots and Jello

    Kristen
    http://craftingwithtrainingwheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary@redo101.blogspot.comMarch 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

    I found your blog at Tater Tots and Jello - thanks for the tips on photographing pics for my blog - I needed the help! And I "followed" your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm here visiting from Serenity Now - thanks for the great tip. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tips. I am a new blogger and really appreciate them. I am a new follower.

    http://blissfulmeandering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use the poster board a lot, but I haven't tried the paper against the flash. That's a great idea. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. If you could please add a link back to me, I would appreciate it. Have fun finding a new read or two, and I hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing! I'll need to use them the next time I take pics.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a blogger, I never feel like I can ever know too much about photography. Great info!! Thank you for linking up to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week. This weeks blog bash is in full swing again!! If you haven't already please be sure & link up more of your creativity, I look forward to seeing all your great ideas. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin