Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mmm....Chocolate Mouthwash

Pin It Okay, so this was my first attempt at using up the creme de menthe.  I thought I'd make a lovely pre-St. Patrick's Day drink to share with all of you.  So I used:

Creme de Cocoa
Ryan's Irish Cream
Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
Creme de Menthe

In excitement for my delicious drink, I decorated a martini glass with chocolate syrup just like they do at the Melting Pot when I order a chocolate martini.


Not being a big drinker or a mixologist, I decided to just use equal parts of each liquor.  This was not the best idea.  It was STRONG, and sadly, it just tasted like chocolate mouthwash.  I think this would definitely count as a Drink Fail.  It wasn't bad, it was just a little too minty.  Also, because of the irish cream, it didn't have quite the kelly green I was hoping for for a St. Patty's Day drink.  It actually ended up kind of teal.  This was definitely my first teal drink and sadly, not one I really recommend.


Oh well.  At least I had fun taking pictures learning this new technique I found online.  I'll share it with you next time.

1 comment:

  1. Try a Midori Sour..perfect green for St Patty's day. I'm not one to drink, but if I do that is my main choice. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin