Sunday, March 13, 2011

Easy Fabric Rosettes

Pin It These rosettes are so easy to do, cute, and versatile!  I've seen similar fabric flowers everywhere, but I used this tutorial from Imperfectly Beautiful to make these out of some of my pink flowered fabric I got way back when.  I think this is a great way to use scraps of fabric, since you really only need a thin strip and it doesn't have to be very long.  The first one I made used a scrap of fabric from a letter I was cutting out for an applique. 

I've been cleaning & organizing my craft area and it has really been encouraging me to use up some of the materials I have.  I have SO MUCH fabric and I'm just not doing enough fabric projects to use it all up.  So I really loved these flowers as a quick project that uses up even just a little of the pile.  I literally filled up a 6 shelf hanging organizer from Target with just fabric and sewing supplies.  I'm hoping now that they're visible and easy to access that I will use them more often.  So hopefully you'll be seeing more fabric projects in the near future. You'll definitely be seeing more of these rosettes on my future hairbows, scrapbooking layouts, and cards!  I think they're fantastic!

My first rosette project was naturally a hairclip because they're so easy and quick as well as incredibly cute. I was inspired by a popsicle-shaped hairbow I had seen online. I knew I wanted mine to look more like a flower, so I used some green ribbon cut simply as the leaves below the fabric rosette. I glued these onto a plain white ribbon covered barette. Cute! Hope you enjoy & make some of your own!


3 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love that you made it into a clip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. My girls would love to sport one of those. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosettes are so much fun to make. Thanks for linking up at I Made It! Monday at Ninth Street Notions. Can't wait to see what you have this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin