Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mommy & Me

Pin It
Before my daughter was born, I made her some tie-dye shirts (http://bingecrafter.blogspot.com/2010/01/tie-dye-part-1.html), and I made some for myself that matched.  One day we did a matching Mommy-Daughter photo shoot, and I tried to find some paper and supplies to match the colors of our tie dye photo shoot.  I found this great "Mom" paper and heart paper that coordinated really well.  I really wanted to do a quilt-style layout, so on the right page I cut all of our photos and the heart & Mom papers to 3" x 3" each and put them in a checkerboard pattern.  I cut the title "Mommy & Me" out using the George & Basic Shapes cricut cartridge. 

I tried to find some unusual and 3D items to use to decorate these pages including buttons and these cute little heart paperclips below.  Office supplies seem to be becoming more popular in the scrapbook aisles as well.  Have you seen the decorative staples?  

The sticker that says "just like my mom" (which I received in a swap) didn't coordinate with the colors of my layout, so I decided to ink over it using a purple ink.  Then I used a white gel pen to write over the words so they still stood out. 


The "love bug" picture and the purple paper behind it were from an 8 1/2" x 11" paper pack that I really liked from Walmart.  I almost always purchase 12" x 12" supplies, even if I'm just planning to use them for accent pieces (as I did with the Mom and heart paper above) but when I find something I really like in another size, I'll buy it and use it for accent pieces or to mat photos.

Overall, I thought this layout was exceptionally girly (which is generally not me) but I really liked it anyway.  I'm always amazed when I make something I ordinarily wouldn't have been attracted to, but end up liking it in the end.  I'm working on a scrapbook about my grandmother, who passed away in October, which is a perfect example of this.  The papers I chose are not ones that would normally have caught my eye, but were very much ones my grandmother would have liked.  After working with them, though, I'm finding I like them much more.  Maybe I'll learn to step outside my comfort zone a little more.

2 comments:

  1. This is so precious! My daughter is now 19 and I have found I do more and more. Love it! Nice job

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin