Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Summertime Hair Bow

Pin It

I found this ribbon on clearance for 50 cents and I decided it was perfect for a summertime hairbow. I wanted to experiment and come up with a different style of hairbow, so I decided to go with something "edgier".  I trimmed three longer pieces of ribbon for the bottom layer, and four for the top. To separate them I glued a button on top of the bottom layers to give them a bit of a lift.  You can see the depth better in the photo below.


I think I may try to make another but instead of raising the layers with a button, I may try to use a contrasting ribbon color in between.  What do you think?  I also need to learn how to finish my edges, because when I tried to finish the edges on this bow, I set it on fire.  :)  Luckily I was able to fix it so you couldn't really tell.  But I realized later I should have taken a picture and posted it on craftfail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Found you through easy crafts and I love what you did with the summer bow. Really cute! I am now a follower.

    I'm new to blogging so please check my blog out too - www.candycakeandcrafts.blogspot.com

    Thanks!!

    Peechee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin