Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthday Party Invitations

Pin It
For my daughter's birthday I designed three different invitations. This first was inspired by a book I found for her called "What Makes a Rainbow?" It is a "Magic Ribbon Book" which means as you turn each page a different colored ribbon pulls out. The idea was so brilliant, I quickly forgave all the typographical errors and bought it for her.



I made the rainbows above and below using plain colored cardstock and the Martha Stewart circle cutter. The next invitation I made was based on this idea I found in a Paper Crafts magazine I borrowed from the library.



Finally, I just simplified and used a $1 punch I'd gotten years ago at Michael's and the plain colored cardstock to make #3- the winning invitation.


So I made a bunch of these and mailed them out in envelopes I made using the American Girl paper pack and the Martha Stewart score board. Yay!



2 comments:

  1. They all look great! But the one you picked is definitely the best! I love those envelopes too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for simple too. I like the first one also but you could use that idea on the layouts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin