Monday, October 26, 2009

First Scrapbook Layout

Pin It I finally finished my wedding scrapbook, so now I'm ready to start one for my daughter (coming February 2010)! So I'm gathering together things to make my first layout. I bought some pink and blue ribbon at Michael's for $1 each and used my sticker maker to make them sticky. I decided to use purple background paper I had left over from my wedding scrapbook materials as a background.


Next, I gathered together some scrap paper in two shades of pink and two shades of blue to try to match the ribbons.


Then I used the scrap paper (and a piece of origami paper) to cut out letters and flowers using the cricut and the George & Basic Shapes cartridge.
I dug out some other supplies I had that might go well. I already had some blue and purple sequins, purple ribbon, and blue and purple stickles. I had also found some cute little pregnancy stamps and four punches (swirl, flower, hand, foot) at Michaels' for $1 each, and some purple heart shaped brads, letter stamps, and pink hearts at JoAnn's for $1 each. (Can you tell I love the dollar bins?) Finally I found some old embroidery floss in matching colors and a glue pen.
I don't want to glue down my ultrasound pictures, so I decided that I would put them on mats and use ribbon in the corners to hold down the pictures. We'll see if this works. Unfortunately, I don't have enough scrap paper for matting, and I don't want them matted in white, so I might try to make my own colored paper.

2 comments:

  1. If your sonogram pictures are printed on thermal paper, they will fade. Copy them to preserve them. I did that with mine and they are still goo almost 11 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely do that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

pin